Lighting the Way: Power Outage Safety
More Allen County Health Videos
Restaurant Inspections Q&A
In response to some recent food establishment closures, the Department of Health is providing answers to some frequently asked questions about our inspection program. Click here.
Community Resource Guide
The 2014 Community Health Resource Directory is now available from the St. Joseph Community Health Foundation. Click here.
Rx Drug Abuse
Attorney General Greg Zoeller and the Indiana Prescription Drug Abuse Task Force has launched a statewide public awareness campaign about the dangers of prescription drug abuse and misuse. Learn more at BitterPill.IN.gov.
The Indiana Medical Licensing Board has adoped a new rule for physicians prescribing medications for chronic pain to non-terminal patients. Read the new rule.
To help physicians understand and implement the new rules for prescribing addictive pain medication, there's a provider toolkit.
News & Events
- Flu hitting healthy adults hard this season - January 23, 2014
- Oh Baby! Liam and Noah most popular boy names; Ava tops for girls in 2013 - January 17, 2014
- Disclosure rule meant to protect buyer and promote septic system evaluation - December 17, 2013
Alerts & Advisories
- Net Food Brand Turkey Dried Apricots Recalled Because of Undeclared Sulfites - March 07, 2014
- Pfizer Initiates Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Two Lots of Pfizer’s Effexor XR® 150 Mg Extended-Release Capsules and One Lot of Greenstone’s Venlafaxine HCl 150 Mg Extended-Release Capsules Due to the Possible Presence of Tikosyn® Capsules - March 07, 2014
- Baxter Initiates U.S. Voluntary Recall of One Lot of Peritoneal Dialysis Solution Due to Container-Closure Non-Integrity - March 06, 2014
- Thoratec Corporation Issues Worldwide Urgent Medical Device Correction Letter to Update its Labeling Regarding the Use of the HeartMate II® LVAS Pocket System Controller - March 06, 2014
- Plum Organics Voluntarily Recalls Limited Quantity of Two Varieties of World Baby Pouch Products - March 06, 2014