Location: 200 E. Berry St., Suite 360, Fort Wayne, IN 46802 • Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Meet the Staff: Mark Herber, REHS, Asst. Director; Kathy Doseck, REHS, Plan Review Coord.; Jack Gensic, Env. Health Specialist; John McCue, Env. Health Specialist; Mike Jones, Env. Technician; Alyssa Walker, Env. Technician; Richard Bleich, Env. Technician • Darlene Swanson, Support Staff
The Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health will be conducting an annual onsite installer’s workshop on Thursday, February 6, 2014 (8:30 am – 1:00 pm). This workshop will be held at the Aboite Township Trustee’s Community Room at 11321 Aboite Center Rd., Fort Wayne. Registration will take place between 8:00 am and 8:30 am.
Topics we hope to cover at this year’s workshop are: review of certified onsite evaluations from 2013, review of the state revolving fund septic replacement funding program, setting float tethers to achieve proper dose and installing with maintenance in mind.
If you would like to participate, please respond via e-mail by January 31, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (260) 449-7530.
- Residential Onsite Sewage Systems Rule 410 1AC 6-8.3
- Commercial Onsite Sewage System Rule IAC 410 6-10.1
- ISDH Residential Sewage Disposal Section
- Allen County Private Sewage Disposal Ordinance
- Seller Disclosure Form
- Allen County Onsite Wastewater Management District Ordinance
- Allen County Onsite Wastewater Management District Fees Ordinance
- Allen County Onsite Wastewater Management District Provider Qualification Ordinance
Septic Permit Applications and Resources
- Residential Septic Costruction Permit
- Commerical Septic Construction Permit
- Allen County Onsite Wastewater Management District Operating Permit Application
- Application for Abandonment Permit for Onsite Sewage System
- How to Obtain a Permit to Install a Private Sewage Disposal System (New Construction) Packet
- How to Obtain a Permit to Install a Private Sewage Disposal System (Upgrade) Packet
- Application for Minimum Requirements
- List of Professional Septic System Engineers
- List of Soil Science Consultants
- List of Registered Septic System Installers and Certified Evaluators
- ISDH Moraine Protocol
- Notice of Onsite Sewage System
- Inquire Before You are a Buyer Brochure New!
- Septic System Informational Brochure
- Out of Sight, Not Out of Mind (video)
For a single copy of the video, please send your request and a check for $7 made out to the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health, 200 E. Berry St., Suite 360, Fort Wayne, IN 46802.
For multiple copies of the video, please contact ACOWMD@co.allen.in.us or call (260) 449-4181 for pricing information.
From the Purdue Extension Office
- Septic System Failure
- Increasing the Longevity of Your Septic System
- Turgfrass Color: Indicator of Septic System Performance
- Septic System Distribution Boxes: Importance of Equal Distribution in Trenches
- Septic Tanks: The Primary Treatment Device of Your Septic System
- Grandfathered Septic Systems: Location and Replacement/Repair
- Indiana Soils and Septic Systems
- Gravel and Gravel-less Trench Soil Absorption Fields
More Articles: General Information • FAQ • Swimming Pools & Spas • Phase I Assessments • Air Quality • Water Quality
The average 10 minute shower uses 20-50 gallons of water.