Some emergencies may require you to evacuate at a moment’s notice, while others may require you to stay where you are for several days until it is safe to resume normal activities. Basic services such as electricity, gas, water, sewage treatment and phone service may be interrupted or shut down completely. You may not have the time or ability to search for the supplies you need or shop for them.
Knowing what to do before, during and after an emergency is a critical part of being prepared and may make all the difference when seconds count. You can take steps now to help you prepare for an emergency and cope if an emergency happens.
Below is information that will help you learn about potential emergencies that can happen and how to prepare for and respond to them.
- Allen County Government
- City of Fort Wayne
- Allen County Office of Homeland Security
- Indiana Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Weather Service
- American Red Cross of Northeast Indiana
- Ready.Gov [En Español]
- America’s Prepareathon
- National Safety Council
- Public Health Facts on Flood Safety (DOH)
- The ABC’s of Flood Safety (DOH)
For preparedness information in other languages visit http://www.ready.gov/languages