The Department of Health offers low-cost health services to college students pursuing careers in the healthcare industry. Our purpose is to support you in your career and help you meet the requirements for your educational program or employment opportunities.
The services offered at our medical clinic include:
- Physical exam
- Routine vaccinations or blood proof of immunity
- Tuberculosis (TB) skin test
- HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs) exams and testing
- Hepatitis C tests
- Cholesterol check
Clinic Location and Hours
The clinic is located in the Department of Health’s Medical Annex at 4813 New Haven Avenue. Parking is free and the clinic is located along a Citilink bus route, Bus #10. The clinic is open 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday except on holidays observed by Allen County Government.
To schedule an appointment:
- Call (260) 449-7504
- Please notify the appointment scheduler that you are a college student when you schedule the appointment and bring your school ID with you.
For all scheduled appointments, you are encouraged to print and complete the Clinic Intake Form and bring to the clinic for your appointment.
The costs vary depending on the services provided or vaccinations given. A physical exam is $50. A TB skin test is $15 for the single TST (or $25 for the two-step) and a T-Spot is $72. There is an administration fee per vaccination ($15 for 1; $25 for 2-5 and $50 for >5). When making an appointment, the approximate costs will be given.
The following agencies and educational institutions partner with us to provide student health services:
- Brown Mackie College
- Fort Wayne Medical Education Program
- Harrison College
- Huntington University
- Indiana-Purdue University of Fort Wayne
- Indiana Tech
- Indiana Wesleyan
- International Business College
- IVY TECH Community College
- Lutheran Health Network
- Manchester University College of Pharmacy
- Parkview Health
- University of St. Francis