News Releases > Health department announces new hours of operation
ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (September 11, 2008) – Effective Monday, the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health will change its hours of operation to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for most offices and locations. The exceptions will be the Immunization Clinic and Vital Records office which will close earlier for administrative purposes.
This change will bring the department’s hours in line with those of other Allen County government offices. Some internal changes in staff work schedules have also occurred to cover the extended operating hours and take advantage of the flexible scheduling option given to county employees.
“We’re excited about the opportunity to stay open later to serve the citizens of Allen County better, but in order to do so we had to do some creative scheduling,” says Department Administrator Mindy Waldron. “We just ask for everyone’s patience and understanding as we make this adjustment.”
The new hours of operation for the department and its clinics are as follows:
· General health department hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
· Immunization Clinic, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Friday (Closed for lunch and recordkeeping 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily)
· Infectious Disease Center, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday (Closed for lunch Noon to 1 p.m. daily)
· STD Clinic, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday (Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. daily)
· Vital Records Office, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday