News Releases > Unwanted Medication Disposal Day Sept. 23, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
424-3512 FAX MEDIA ADVISORY
Allen County TRIAD
For more information call 469-3036 www.agingihs.org
Unwanted Medication Disposal Day
Friday, September 23, 2011
from 9am – 1pm
Flushing old pills down the toilet or throwing them into the trash can have serious consequences for drinking water and the environment. Sept. 23 is the day to bring expired medication in their original bottles or packages (no liquids accepted) to these select Walgreen’s locations for drop-off:
· Clinton St. at St. Joe Center Rd.
· W. Jefferson at Getz Rd.
· Bluffton Rd. at Lower Huntington Rd.
· State St. at Wells St.
· Lincoln Highway West at Brookwood (New Haven)
· Chapel Ridge at 10170 Maysville Road
· 1701 E. Paulding Road at South Anthony Blvd.
· Cook and Lima Roads
· Dupont and Tonkel Roads
For those unable to make the Walgreen’s collection dates, there are also ongoing collection sites (for pills only) at:
· Indiana State Police Post (5811 Ellison)
· Allen County Sheriff (12535 Lima Rd.)
· Fort Wayne Police (1320 Creighton Ave.)
· New Haven Police (815 Lincoln Highway East)