January 12th, 2021
The Allen County Department of Health will continue to provide various services to the public over the phone, through the mail and online during the closure of its downtown offices.
The closure of Citizens Square to the public announced by Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry in November, and the city’s current plans are to reopen the building Monday, January 25, 2021.
This change does not currently impact the Allen County Department of Health’s Medical Annex, 4813 New Haven Ave. Clinics at the annex are still operating by appointment during normal business hours.
The following changes will be made to public services provided by the Department at the downtown location starting Monday:
- Pollution Control: large septic system plans too difficult to mail can be dropped off at the Barr Street entrance at Citizens Square. Designers will need to call 449-7530 to inform the Department what time they will be dropping off plans.
- All other documents/payments will need to be submitted by mail. Forms can be found at: https://www.allencountyhealth.com/get-licensed/
- Phase I Environmental reports: the $25 fee will be waived for the search and report generation of records for all requestors. Reports will be e-mailed back to the requestor. Forms can be found at: https://www.allencountyhealth.com/get-records/phase-1-environmental-records/ Please call 449-7459 for questions regarding Phase I Environmental reports.
Food and Consumer Services
- All food and tattoo permits and must be submitted by mail. Forms can be found at: https://www.allencountyhealth.com/get-licensed/ • Floor plans for new/remodeled establishments may be submitted by e-mail or mail.
- All previously scheduled meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
- Please call 449-7562 with any additional questions regarding Food & Consumer Services.
- All birth and death records request must be made via mail or online through VitalChek Network (VitalChek’s link is available through the link below). Forms can be downloaded at https://www.allencountyhealth.com/get-records/certified-birth-and-death-records/ and mailed to: Vital Records Office 200 E. Berry St., Suite 360 Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- All paternity affidavit meetings are postponed until further notice. • Please call 449-7147 with any additional questions regarding Vital Records.
Other Public Records Requests
- Anyone requesting to view public records in person at Citizens Square will have to wait until the building reopens.
- Public records request can still be made by submitting a form via mail, fax or e-mail. The Public Records Request form can be downloaded at https://www.allencountyhealth.com/get-records/public-records/ and e-mailed to email@example.com, faxed to (260) 449-3010 or submitted by mail to: Allen County Department of Health 200 E. Berry St., Suite 360 Fort Wayne, IN, 46802