Get Licensed

The Department of Health licenses and regulates the following types of facilities in Allen County: retail food establishments, lodging establishments, tattoo & body piercing establishments, public swimming pools & spa, septic (onsite sewage) systems and railroad camp cars.

Please call us at (260) 449-7561 or click on the links below to find more information on obtaining a permit.

Retail Food Establishments

Retail food establishments can include restaurants, bars, school cafeterias, bakeries, grocery stores, convenience stores, retail stores that sell prepackaged foods, and mobile food vendors.

Tattoo & Body Piercing Establishments

Tattoo and body piercing artists and studios are licensed and inspected to ensure that tattoos and body piercings are done in a safe and healthy manner.

Lodging Establishments

Hotels, motels and other extended stay facilities are licensed and inspected to ensure they meet minimum sanitation standards and are free of pests.

Septic (Onsite Sewage) Systems

Properly functioning septic systems provide a safe alternative for sewage disposal when municipal sewer is not available. The Department of Health inspects all aspects of new systems and investigates complaints of failing systems.

Public Swimming Pools & Spas

Public and semi-public swimming pools and spas, including neighborhood and apartment complex pools, are licensed and inspected for potential health and safety hazards.

Railroad Camp Cars

Camp cars are licensed and inspected to ensure clean, safe and sanitary conditions for the railroad maintenance workers who occupy these mobile camps for temporary living.